Make Our Favorite Treat from Pandora – The World of Avatar
All the new food at Pandora – The World of Avatar is…out of this world! One of our favorite treats is the Pongu Lumpia at the Pongu Pongu stand. Of course that’s their Pandora name. We know them as rolls of awesomeness on earth. Who doesn’t love a pineapple cream cheese spring roll?!
Anyway, Disney has released this recipe for your enjoyment. Spread the love!
Pongu Lumpia (Pineapple Cream Cheese Spring Rolls)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Makes 10 Lumpia
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- Oil for frying
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Carefully separate spring roll wrappers. Cover wrappers with moist paper towel to prevent drying.
3. Cut softened cream cheese into 10 equal pieces.
4. Place one spring roll wrapper on a cutting board. Place one piece of cream cheese in the center of the spring roll and spread evenly on wrapper, leaving a 3/4-inch border around the edges. Add 3 tablespoons of diced pineapple and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
5. Roll one edge of the wrapper towards the center. Fold in both sides and continue rolling. Moisten the edge with water to seal the lumpia.
6. Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers.
7. Place lumpia on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
8. Preheat 1 inch of oil in a frying pan to 350°F. Fry lumpia for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
9. Roll in remaining sugar before serving.