9 Reasons You Need To Visit A Disney Theme Park In 2018
9 reasons you need to visit a Disney theme park in 2018
2018 is looking to be an incredible year for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts filled with new additions, anniversaries and celebrations and Festivals. Check-out some of the exciting things happening this year!
1. New Dining, Retail & Family-Friendly Entertainment Coming to Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland Resort in Early 2018 – New dining and entertainment experiences are coming to Downtown Disney District very soon, including Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID and Splitsville Luxury Lanes. D-Street will also be reimagined into a retail space that offers Disney fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods.
2. Lunar New Year Festival Returns to Disney California Adventure® Park, Jan. 26-Feb. 18, 2018 – This spectacular festival will feature Hurry Home — Lunar New Year Celebration, a nighttime water show on Paradise Bay; specialty Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese foods at marketplaces; Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession; traditional crafts and more.
3. Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Expands to Six Weeks in 2018 –Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival will return March 2-April 12, 2018, bringing delicious cuisine, specialty beverages and exciting entertainment to Disneyland Resort Guests for its third season. The culinary festival will expand to six weeks, with more days for you to enjoy the flavors of the Golden State. More than a dozen Festival Marketplaces will feature California-inspired tastes and sips. Guests will experience presentations and demonstrations with celebrity chefs such as Robert Irvine and Alex Guarnaschelli; food and beverage tastings; winemaker dinners; beer, wine and spirit seminars – all in addition to live music, entertainment and special activities throughout the festival.
4. Pixar Fest Brings Celebration of Friendship Throughout Disneyland Resort Beginning April 13 – Beginning April 13, 2018, this limited-time celebration of friendship and beyond will feature the debut of an all-new “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” and the return of two favorite parades as well as even more beloved Pixar characters, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, themed food and beverage and new merchandise items.
5. Pixar Pier Will Debut This Summer – This summer will bring a transformed land for you to experience at Disney California Adventure park when Pixar Pier opens along the southern shore of Paradise Bay, with newly themed attractions, foods and merchandise throughout. This new, permanent land in the area that is now Paradise Pier will introduce four new neighborhoods representing beloved Disney·Pixar stories: “The Incredibles,” “Toy Story,” “Inside Out” and a fourth neighborhood that will be a celebration of many of your favorite Pixar stories.
Walt Disney World® Resort
6. Disney Springs® Will Welcome Eight New Dining Locations – A total of eight exciting new F&B locations are set to make their grand debuts at Disney Springs in 2018. The Edison, along with Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante, Enzo’s Hideaway and Pizza Ponte are scheduled to open early in 2018, while Terralina Crafted Italian, Wine Bar George, Jaleo and Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill are set to debut later on in the year.
7. The Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival Celebrates its 25th Anniversary –This year’s festival will run from Feb. 28-May 28, 2018. The 90-day event brings with it a multitude of Disney character topiaries, tasty offerings at 15 Outdoor Kitchens, garden tours, the Garden Rocks music series, new kids’ activities, the Egg-Stravaganza scavenger hunt and much more.
8. Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Celebrates Its 20th Anniversary – The theme park dedicated to celebrating life in the animal kingdom will mark a milestone 20th anniversary on Earth Day, April 22, 2018.
9. Toy Story Land Opens in Summer 2018 – The highly anticipated expansion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will debut to Guests this summer, and with it, two new attractions: Alien Swirling Saucers and the Slinky Dog Dash family coaster. You can already catch a glimpse of what’s in store inside the park’s Walt Disney Presents attraction, where you can view the model and some attraction vehicle maquettes.