I’m planning a trip to Disneyland for 2020 and I’m trying to figure out what day is the least busiest day at Disneyland. Or the best week to visit Disneyland? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Here’s a list of the least busiest day and weeks at Disneyland. There isn’t an exact science to determining what days or weeks are the slowest but in general you’ll want to avoid:
- Any Spring Break (March and April) or when school is out for the general masses including Summer.
- Any Holiday week or day including Thanksgiving, The Holidays (last 2 weeks of December) and New Years.
- Any time a special event is taking place such as a race, new land or attraction opening or a big Expo.
Our favorite weeks to visit are:
- January 6th – February 29th – Avoid the 2 Holidays including MLK and Presidents Day if possible.
- March 1st – 14th – Spring Breaks start just after these dates typically.
- April 26th – May 16th – Spring Break is usually done but watch out for Grad Nites starting mid-May.
- September 13th – 30th – School’s back in session and Labor Day week has passed. Halloween is coming up.
- October – Interesting month because of Halloween. Avoid the first week Halloween debuts and the last week. Halloween parties throughout can cause larger crowds on the days they are being held.
- November 1st – 7th – Halloween is over but The Holidays haven’t started quite yet.
- November 15th – 21st – Avoid the first full week of The Holidays because of filming for ABC and avoid Thanksgiving Week.
- Dec. 1st – 12th – This is your last chance to see The Holidays before schools get out and the masses come.
Again, these are general guidelines but for the most part these weeks work great and if you follow the outline above you should be fine. The best way to avoid crowds if you do happend to find it busy is with MaxPass.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.