Christmas is in the air, and you know what that means. It’s the most wonderful time of the year for a trip to Walt Disney World. From the yuletide trimmings and trappings at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom to dazzling Christmas trees and deliciously grand gingerbread displays at the Disney resorts, there’s no shortage of festive cheer at The Most Magical Place on Earth.
Another popular Disney destination you definitely won’t want to miss this holiday season is Disney Springs, Disney World’s massive shopping, dining and entertainment district. Not only is the complex arguably the best place at Walt Disney World to shop for Christmas gifts and souvenirs, but it’s also home to plentiful holiday vibes.
Like the theme parks and hotels, Disney Springs undergoes a merry metamorphosis each year, transforming into a winter wonderland complete with elaborate holiday decorations (including the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail), jolly food and drinks, seasonal entertainment and even Santa Claus himself.
Best of all, you don’t need a pricey theme park ticket to enjoy the festive fun, making Disney Springs a great place to soak up some Christmas spirit on the cheap. This year, the seasonal celebration lasts from November 11 through December 30, 2022, leaving you with plenty of opportunities to experience everything on offer.
But, just what ho-ho-holiday happenings can you expect during Christmas at Disney Springs in 2022? If you’re celebrating the holidays at Disney World this year, grab a cozy cup of hot cocoa and read on, as we go over the list (we’ve checked it twice) of all the magical merriment available throughout Disney Springs this Christmas.
Disney Springs Christmas Decorations
Without question, one of the best parts about spending the holiday season at Walt Disney World is the over-the-top Christmas decorations, and Disney Springs is no exception. You’ll find a flurry of festive trappings throughout Disney Springs, such as lush, ornament-bedecked garlands, ornate wreaths and whimsical reindeer figures. And of course, we can’t forget the holly jolly evergreens of the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail.
Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll
It wouldn’t be Christmas without a merrily decorated tree or two, and you’ll find a forestful of them during the holidays at Disney Springs. Popular with Disney World guests ever since making its yuletide debut back in 2016, the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll puts a pixie-dusted twist on a beloved holiday tradition.
Featuring 20 different, Disney-inspired Christmas trees located throughout Disney Springs, the Christmas Tree Stroll is the highlight of the holiday season. Best of all, it’s completely free, making it a fantastic and affordable winter activity whether you’re visiting as a family with kids or on a Disney Springs holi-date.
Previously, the evergreen event was set up more like a Christmas Tree Trail behind the Marketplace side of Disney Springs near World of Disney. However, due to social distancing requirements during the height of the pandemic, the Christmas Tree Trail was turned into the more scavenger hunt-like Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll in 2020 and has stayed that way every season since.
With Christmassy conifers located in all four Disney Springs neighborhoods, guests can choose to either stumble upon them by chance or search them out during an official yuletide treasure hunt with the help of a Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll map.
Simply grab a map and some stickers from one of the restaurants or stores below, then set out on merry mission to track down the locations of all the trees on the list.
- City Works Eatery & Pour House
- Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers
- Planet Hollywood
- The BOATHOUSE
In general, Christmas trees are sprinkled at random across Disney Springs like extra-jolly pixie dust, like the all-new Encanto tree next to World of Disney. However, along with themed ornaments and lighting, some are also treated to a place of honor inspired by their stories, such as the Princess and the Frog tree near the House of Blues and the Black Panther tree outside Super Hero Headquarters.
Once you’ve completed your festive quest, return to either City Works Eatery & Pour House, Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers, Planet Hollywood, The BOATHOUSE or UNIQLO to claim your reward: an exclusive Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll button.
See an ornament you’d like to take home with you while you’re out exploring? You’re in luck! Some of the decorations used on the Disney Springs Christmas trees are actually available for purchase at places like Disney’s Days of Christmas and World of Disney. So, take some time to stop by to see what’s in stock.
Disney Springs Christmas Entertainment
While you take in the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll and other yuletide sights, be sure to take some time to enjoy some of the special entertainment offered through the festive season. From faux snowfalls and live music to meet-and-greets with Santa and a DJ dance party, there’s something for everyone.
Meet Santa Claus at Once Upon a Toy Store
No Christmas is complete without a Santa sighting. Although you can see St. Nick at several places around Walt Disney World, Disney Springs is the only place you can actually meet Santa Claus and not have to spend a dime. The jolly old elf has set up shop at Once Upon a Toy in Disney Springs’ Marketplace, and will be greeting guests from November 11 through December 24, 2022, before returning to the North Pole for his Christmas Eve trip around the world.
As time slots to see Santa are limited, ‘yule’ need to join a virtual queue to claim a spot in line—no standby line is available. The virtual queue for Santa Claus opens up at 9:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM. So, be sure to plan your visit accordingly if you don’t want to miss out.
See Snow Fall in Town Center
What could be more magical than an enchanted snowfall in Central Florida? Thanks to some soap and a dash of Disney magic, faux flurries fill the air around Town Center throughout the night from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM until December 25, 2022.
Listen to Merry Live Music Performances
One of our favorite things about visiting Disney Springs during the yuletide season is the live musical entertainment. Two unique Disney Springs Christmas acts help to set the scene as you explore the Christmas Tree Trail, head to dinner or do some holiday gift shopping: the Holiday Drum Corps and Brass Band and the Carillon – Cast in Bronze bells.
The Holiday Drum Corps and Brass Band take to the streets of Town Square throughout the night from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM through December 24. Move to the rhythm of the Holiday Drum Corps from Sunday to Wednesday, then get into the groove with the Holiday Brass Brand from Thursday to Saturday.
Or, listen to the carol of the bells next to Aerophile Park on Disney Springs’ West Side with Carillon – Cast in Bronze. Performances are held nightly between 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM from December 1 to December 29, 2022 every night except Mondays.
Snap a Selfie with Spirited Stilt Walkers
Looking for the perfect photo for next year’s Christmas card? Take a break from the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll and jingle all the way over to Town Center to marvel at the sky-high skills of the seasonal stilt walkers. Then, once you’ve pictured yourself crashing to the ground in a tangle of stilts and limbs following a flight of fancy, be sure to pose for a festive photo.
Stilt-walking toy soldiers stop by Town Center on Sunday to Wednesday during the evenings from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM through December 25, while holiday ice-inspired stilt walkers appear on Thursday to Saturday.
Rock Around the Christmas Tree with a DJ Dance Party
If you’re planning to celebrate Christmas at Disney Springs with a kiddo or two in tow, you definitely won’t want to miss the elf-led DJ dance party near Once Upon a Toy. One of Santa’s elves has borrowed the sleigh for the night and is cruising the area pumping out some yuletide tunes you can bust a move to.
This makes for a nice little break from the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll and is a great way for your little ones to burn off some energy. Performances take place at 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM until December 24, 2022.
Disney Springs Christmas Dining
The holidays are all about the five Fs: family, friends, festive fun and, of course, food. Fortunately, you’ll find a buffet of seasonal Disney Springs dining options, from limited-time holiday sweets and sips to classic Christmas dinner to a yuletide takeover of a popular Disney Springs bar.
Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar
If you only have time for one stop during your Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll, let it be Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar. Available November 11 to December 30, 2022, this merry makeover of Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, one of the best Disney World bars, features a blizzard of kitschy Christmas decorations, as well as a seasonal menu of festive bites and beverages.
- “Naughty or Nice” Deviled Eggs – Naughty Deviled Eggs with Crispy Ham and Spicy Honey Glaze or Nice Deviled Eggs with Crispy Ham and Sweet Honey Glaze (New!)
- Here We Come A-Croquetting – Holiday Croquettes with Turkey and Stuffing topped with Bacon and Cranberry Jam and Turkey Gravy on a Bed of Pureed Sweet Potatoes (New!)
- Boughs of Holly Flatbread with Ham & Brie – Brie Cheese, Black Forest Ham, Watercress, Granny Smith Apples, Pomegranate Seeds and Lemon Vinaigrette
- Grandma’s Revenge Venison Sliders – Venison Sausage Patty, Bacon Cranberry Jam, Watercress and Tomato on a Parker House Roll
- Post-Flight “Milk” and Cookies – Assorted Christmas Cookies and Coquito (New!)
- Hot Chocolate Grail Flight – Traditional Spiced Butterscotch Hot Chocolate, White Chocolate Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Hot Chocolate (New!)
- Claus Mo – Cosmopolitan garnished with a Red Sugar Rim and a Strawberry and Marshmallow Santa Hat
- Pomegranate Gin & Tonic – St. Augustine Gin, Pomegranate Juice and Tonic Soda (New!)
- Yule Mule – Bombay Sapphire Gin, Fever Tree Ginger Beer, Cranberry Juice, Rosemary Simple Syrup and Holly Leaf Sugar Garnish
Christmas Dinner at Disney Springs
For many, one of the best parts of the holidays is sharing an epic feast with the people you love. Fortunately, you’ll find several different restaurants at Disney Springs worthy of your Christmas dinner, with something to suit whatever it is you’re craving. Just keep in mind that tables are in high demand. So, be sure to book an advance dining reservation ahead of time or arrive early if you’re hoping to join the walk-up list.
Special menus are available for Christmas dinner at both Raglan Road and STK Orlando, with festive favorites like roast turkey and prime rib on offer. However, keep in mind that these limited-time dinners are only available on Christmas Day (and Christmas Eve for STK).
Alternatively, treat yourself to a different kind of holiday tradition with a meal at Terralina Crafted Italian or Morimoto Asia. Terralina Crafted Italian serves up classic seafood and pasta dishes perfect for the Feast of the Seven Fishes on Christmas Eve. Hoping for a bit of luck in the New Year? Savor auspicious dishes like dumplings and roasted Peking duck from Morimoto Asia to woo wealth and good fortune your way.
No room at the inn? No worries! You don’t need an advance dining reservation to enjoy the flavors of the season at Disney Springs. Instead, dash on over to Earl of Sandwich for a festive feast you can hold in your hand.
The Holiday Turkey sandwich features tasty layers of turkey, cornbread stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce. Or, sink your teeth into the Holiday Ham Sandwich. Brand new for 2022, this yuletide treat swaps out the turkey, stuffing and gravy for ham and yams. Yum!
Seasonal Snacks & Sips at Other Disney Springs Restaurants
Craving more? Whether you’re looking for a boozy holiday cocktail like the Christmas Old Fashioned or a sweet treat to power you through the rest of the Christmas Tree Stroll like the ‘grammable Holiday Wreath Pastry, Disney Springs has it all.
Available November 11 to December 30, 2022
- Candy Cane Margarita – 1800 Silver Tequila, Peppermint Beverage Syrup, Lime Juice and a Float of Cranberry Juice (New!)
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
Available November 1 to December 25, 2022
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Available November 11 to December 30, 2022
- Santa Mickey Mouse Bubble Sundae – Vanilla Soft-Serve, Mickey Mouse Bubble Waffle, Chocolate Cookie Pieces, Chocolate Sauce, Mickey Mouse Santa Hat and Chocolate Pocky Stick (New!)
Swirls on the Water
Available November 11 to December 30, 2022
- Frozen Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Soft-Serve – Frozen Hot Chocolate, Peppermint Soft-Serve and White Chocolate Peppermint Bark (New!)
- Peppermint Chocolate Bark Soft-Serve Nachos – Peppermint Soft-Serve, Chocolate Soft-Serve and Waffle Chips topped with Whipped Cream, M&M’s Chocolate Candies and Chocolate Sauce (New!)
Available from November 11 to December 30, 2022, unless otherwise noted
- Ornament Mousse Dome Cake – Toasted Marshmallow and Hot Chocolate Mousse on a Graham Cracker Chiffon Cake (New!)
- Holiday Wreath Pastry – Gingerbread Cookie Cake topped with Salted Caramel Spiced Mousse and Candied Hazelnuts (New!)
- Santa Clause Petit Cake – Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake, Vanilla Mousse and Chocolate Chiffon Cake (New! Available November 16 to December 30, 2022)
- Holiday Mickey Mousse – Chocolate Chiffon Cake, White and Dark Chocolate Mousse topped with White Chocolate Crisp Pearls (New!)
- Bacon & Blue Burger – Two Pressed Signature Blend Patties, Blue Cheese Crumble, Bacon, Onion Jam, Lettuce and Tomato on a Parker House Roll (Available through December 30, 2022)
- Peppermint Cookies & Cream Shake – Vanilla Gelato, Peppermint Beverage Syrup and Cookie Crumbles (Available November 11 to December 30, 2022)
Available from November 18, 2022 to January 15, 2023
- Christmas Old Fashioned – Classic holiday drink with Heaven’s Door Whiskey, Rosemary and Cranberry Simple Syrup
Available November 11 to December 30, 2022, unless otherwise noted
- Minnie Mouse Reindeer Piñata (New!)
- Gingerbread Ganache Square
- Milk and Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise
- Rowdy Reindeer – Milk Chocolate Reindeer, with Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic Options (New! Available December 18 to 30, 2022)
Available November 25 to December 31, 2022
- Kris Kringle Cookie – White Chocolate Coffee Bean Cookie with Coconut, Caramel and Vanilla Bean Notes topped with Coarse Sugar Crystals and Magic Glitter
- Cookie Vom Krampus – Decadent Triple Chocolate Cookie infused with Peppermint and covered in Cool Chocolate Mint
Vivoli il Gelato
Available November 1, 2022 to January 3, 2023, unless otherwise noted
- Santa’s Little Helper Sundae – Two Scoops of Chocolate, Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Sauce, Crushed Peppermint and Whipped Cream
- Spiced Apple Cider Float – Spiced Apple Cider Gelato with Cigar City Homemade Apple Pie Cider
- Bah Humbug Milkshake – Milkshake blended with Cake Batter Gelato and Red Velvet Cake and More Red Velvet Cake on Top (Available November 1, 2022 to January 4, 2023)
Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew
Available December 1 to 31, 2022
- Half Dozen Christmas Donuts – Six Yeast Donuts Decorated with Holly Jolly Edible Décor, Luscious Buttercream and Festive Toppings
Splitsville Luxury Lanes
Available November 25, 2022 to January 2, 2023
- Poinsettia Spritz – Plum-Infused Vodka, Sugar Plum Jam, Fresh Lemon Juice, Allspice Dram Liqueur and Prosecco
Across Disney Springs
Available November 11 to December 30, 2022
- Red-Nosed Margarita – Patron Silver, Cointreau, Pomegranate Juice, Cranberry Juice, Lime Juice, Sweet and Sour and Pure Cane Syrup (New!)
- Fireside Cider – Fireball Whiskey, Stoli Vanilla Vodka, White Cranberry Juice, Grenadine and Ginger Ale garnished with a Half Rim of Cinnamon Sugar
Carts and Kiosks
- Musical Holiday Tin Premium Bucket
- Mickey Mouse Snow Globe Sipper Cup
Well, fellow festive fans, that’s a wrap on our guide to Christmas at Disney Springs. What’s your favorite part of visiting Disney Springs during the holidays? Let us know in the comments! Then, find out how to stretch your Christmas travel budget (and save more for gifts) with our discount Disney World tickets.