After closing its doors on March 9, 2022 for a reimagining, as of March 19, 2023, Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland Park is welcoming guests once again—this time, with two new dining options and a host of other interactive experiences to awaken the senses. We hope you’re hungry because we’re going to dig into the delightful new bites and tasty sips that are on offer at the area’s newest dining outlets: Café Daisy and Good Boy! Grocers. So, grab a napkin, bring your appetite and let’s get started!
Newly Reopened Mickey’s Toontown Is a Feast for the Senses
Home to classic Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Pluto, Clarabelle Cow and Pete, Mickey’s Toontown has long been an area where children and their parents could explore together, and that is even more true following the revamp of this vibrant neighborhood. Now, not only do guests feel as if they’ve walked straight into a cartoon à la Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but they can interact with this bustling toon-opolis in new, exciting ways.
This cartoony corner of Disneyland has been redesigned to create a sensory experience for everyone who sets foot inside its city limits. Play areas abound with plenty of things to touch and crawl on, as well as lots of green space to relax in. A sound garden at Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard fills the air with silly sounds straight out of one of the Goof’s wacky shorts, while Donald’s Duck Pond is a water play area with a splash pad and adorable hands-on scenes starring his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie and their feathered friend Webby. In short, this oversized playground is sure to be a hit for families with young children, and a great place where they can go to let their little ones blow off some steam.
What’s Cooking in Mickey’s Toontown?
But, those aren’t the only changes that have made their way to Mickey’s Toontown during the area’s transformation. (After all, we said the newly revamped section of Disneyland delights the senses, and we haven’t even gotten to taste or smell yet.) Following its reimagining, this whimsical themed land also boasts two new eateries, one a casual café helmed by celebrity chef Daisy Duck and the other a grab-and-go farmers market stand inspired by the goodest of boys, Mickey’s best pal Pluto. Of course, if you’re looking for something salty to munch on until your next meal, there’s always Mickey’s Toontown Popcorn Cart located near Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster.
Each of these dining outlets offers something special. So, let’s take a look and see what’s on the menu!
(New!) Café Daisy
Open for Lunch, Dinner, Snacks and Late-Night Dining; Mobile Ordering available
Taking the place of pre-revamp Daisy’s Diner, Café Daisy is a cute counter-service restaurant with abundant streetside seating shaded by colorful umbrellas. Let by cuisine queen Daisy Duck (with some help from Disneyland’s culinary team, of course), the eatery dishes up an approachable selection of comfort-food favorites that are sure to please picky eaters of all ages. Orders are placed either with a cast member or by Mobile Order through the Disneyland app. Then, once your food is ready, simply pick up your order from one of the windows and find a place at one of the many outdoor tables to chow down.
While much of the menu will feel familiar to what was previously served at Daisy’s Diner, such as pizzas and hot dogs, there are some tasty changes that you and your kiddos are bound to love. Sort of like a personal-sized pie folded in half to make a portable pizza sandwich, Pizza Flop-Overs are stuffed with gooey cheeses and tomato sauce and topped with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and herbs. Hot dogs run the gamut from a plain foot-long frank to one mounded with toppings like mac & cheese and a slather of chili-cheese sauce. For those looking for something healthier, there’s also a Spring Garden Wrap stuffed with greens and grains.
Kids, meanwhile, will love the Pepperoni Please! Pizza. Though pretty standard as far as Disney pizza goes, the pepperoni is added in the shape of a Hidden Mickey. Adorable, to say the least! Whatever you end up getting, you’ll also want to try a side of the Chili-Cheese Sauce (and grab some of the housemade Toontown ‘Tater Chips if they don’t already come with your meal.) You might just end up putting it on everything. You’ll also want to save some room for Daisy’s Goody-Goody Donuts, which are made to order right there at the restaurant. Served fresh, warm and fluffy with plenty of cinnamon sugar, you’ll be glad you made some space for dessert.
Lunch and Dinner Menu
- Pepperoni Pizza Flop-Over – Pepperoni, Mozzarella and Provolone with Tomato Sauce
- Cheesy Pizza Flop-Over – Mozzarella and Provolone with Tomato Sauce
- The Daisy Dog – All-beef Foot-long Hot Dog, with House-made Chips
- Daisy’s Dressed-Up Dog – All-beef Foot-long with Chili-Cheese Sauce, Mac & Cheese and Parmesan Potato Crispies, with House-made Chips
- Spring Garden Wrap – Romaine and Quinoa Wrap with creamy Lemon Dressing and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, with House-made Chips
- Toontown ‘Tater Chips – House-made Potato Chips with Chili-Cheese Sauce
Snack, Drink and Late-Night Dining Menu
- Daisy’s Goody-Goody Donuts – House-made Mini-Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar
- Picnic Time Watermelon Lemonade – Minute Maid® Zero Sugar Lemonade with Watermelon Premium Syrup and Watermelon Gummies
- Granny Goof’s Garden Sweet Tea – Gold Peak® Sweet Iced Tea with Honey-Mango Premium Syrup and Mango flavor-filled Spheres
- Specialty Cold Brrr-ew – Joffrey’s Coffee™ Cold Brew Caramel Mudslide with Sea Salt-Carmel-Toffee Sauce, topped with Whipped Cream
- Assorted Fountain Beverages – Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Barq’s® Root Beer, Fanta® Orange, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Minute Maid® Agua Fresca Mango Lime, Minute Maid® Zero Sugar Lemonade, Gold Peak® Sweetened Iced Tea
- Minute Maid® Apple Juice
- Low-fat Milk
- Coffee (regular and decaf), Cold Brew, Nitro Cold Brew Coffee
- Hot Cocoa
- Dasani® Bottled Water
Each served with a Cuties® Mandarin Orange, Applesauce and choice of Small DASANI® Water or small Lowfat Milk
- Cheese Please! Pizza (Disney Check Meal) – Cheese and Tomato Sauce
- Pepperoni Please! Pizza – Pepperoni, Cheese and Tomato Sauce
- Minnie’s Mini Corn Dogs – Bite-sized Corn Dogs
Each served with Applesauce and choice of Small DASANI® Water or small Lowfat Milk
- Mini Mac and Cheesy – A tot-sized portion of Macaroni and Cheese
(New!) Good Boy! Grocers
Open for Snacks
Wish you could have your own picnic just like Mickey and Minnie do during their Perfect Picnic short on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway? Well, thanks to the Perfect Picnic Basket and Perfect Picnic Pack from the new Good Boy! Grocers in Mickey’s Toontown, now you can. Thanks to the abundant amount of green space added during the land’s reimagining, Toontown is now the ideal place for a picnic, and Good Boy! Grocers is there to help make it happen.
An array of healthy snack options like Babybel cheese, fresh fruit and pickles are on offer at this roadside stand themed after Pluto. However, you also have the option of turning your snack-y feast into a formal picnic, complete with a cartoonish plastic picnic basket and a Mickey-and-Minnie-inspired red-and-white gingham picnic blanket (with a trail of ants in the shape of a Hidden Mickey, no less). If you’d rather just get the picnic blanket, which folds up and has a built-in carrying handle, you can also do that, too. It is also available for purchase over at Café Daisy, however you can’t get the picnic basket there.
If you do decide to go for the Perfect Picnic Basket, this charming souvenir comes stocked with your choice of 3 food items, as well as 1 beverage. Just keep in mind that unlike the picnic that Mickey and Minnie are having, the one from Good Boy! Grocers is simply a spread of snacks, not an all-out meal with a blueberry pie. Unfortunate, we know. Still, it’s definitely a cute dining idea if you aren’t too hungry and are looking for an opportunity to soak up the animated scene of Mickey’s Toontown in true cartoon fashion.
- Perfect Picnic Basket – Choose 3 Food items plus 1 Beverage: Cuties® Mandarin Orange, Mini Babybel® Snack Cheese, Seedless Grapes, Applesauce, Yogurt Smoothie, Goldfish Whole Grain Crackers, Dried Fruit Mix, Gluten Allergy-Friendly Fig Bar, Granola Bars, Minute Maid® Juice Box, Small DASANI® Bottled Water
- Perfect Picnic Pack – Perfect Picnic Basket with Mickey and Minnie Picnic Blanket
- Premium Souvenir Sipper
Snack and Drink Menu
- Gluten Allergy-Friendly Cookies
- Mini Babybel® Snack Cheese 3-Pack
- Green Apple
- Fruit Bar
- Cuties® Mandarin Orange 3-Pack
- Assorted Frozen Slushees
- Assorted Coca-Cola® Bottled Beverages
- Topo Chico® Sparkling Mineral Water
Mickey’s Toontown Popcorn Cart
Open for Snacks
Located not too far from Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster, this popcorn stand only serves up a small selection of beverages and basic buttered popcorn. The true highlight of this snack stop, however, is the brand-new Yummy Popcorn Bucket. Made to look like an old-school movie theater popcorn bucket (from the El Capitoon Theater, of course), this red-and-white retro novelty item is a decidedly fun way to tote around your salty snack.
Snack and Drink Menu
- Yummy Popcorn Bucket
- Assorted Coca-Cola® Bottled Beverages
Well, pals, that concludes our foodie guide to the newly reopened Mickey’s Toontown. Have you been to this cartoonish corner of Disneyland Park since it made its re-debut? Which of the new dining options are you most looking forward to? Are you ready to have a picnic in CenTOONial Park? Let us know in the comments! Then, find out how you can make your travel budget stretch even further (so you can buy more tasty Disneyland snacks and sips, naturally) with our discount Disneyland tickets.