Earlier this year, we announced several celebrity narrators for the highly anticipated Candlelight Processional during the 2018 Epcot® International Festival of the Holidays, Nov. 22-Dec. 30, 2018. Now we are excited to share four more narrators who will delight guests this holiday season:
- Chita Rivera, Nov. 22 – 23
- Helen Hunt, Nov. 24-25 – NEW
- Alfonso Ribeiro, Nov. 26-27 – NEW
- TBD, Nov. 28-Dec. 2
- Neil Patrick Harris, Dec. 3 – 6
- Whoopi Goldberg, Dec. 7 – 9
- Bart Millard, Dec. 10-12 – NEW
- Blair Underwood, Dec. 13 – 14
- Gary Sinise, Dec. 15 – 17
- Pat Sajak, Dec. 18 – 20
- Auli’I Cravalho, Dec. 21-23 – NEW
- Edward James Olmos, Dec. 24 – 25
- Jodi Benson, Dec. 26 – 27
- Cal Ripken Jr., Dec. 28-30
Held in the America Gardens Theatre, the Candlelight Processional is a beloved part of the Walt Disney World holiday season. Celebrity narrators read the biblical Christmas story backed by a 50-piece orchestra and massed choir. For the first time, performances of the Candlelight Processional begin on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, 2018.
The Candlelight Processional is just one of many ways to experience holiday magic at Epcot, including…food! The all-new menu at the Feast of the Three Kings marketplace features sofrito-marinated beef with sweet plantains and olives, queso fresco-stuffed arepa topped with shrimp, crushed avocado aji and tomato sauce, as well as arepas topped with melted queso fresco.
Other new food items this year include:
- Black forest roulade with cherry whipped cream (Bavaria Holiday Kitchen, Germany)
- Hand-carved smoked ham with green beans and sweet potato casserole (American Holiday Table, The American Adventure)
- Three variations of croissant doughnuts at the Taste Track marketplace
For even more new foodie fun, track your purchases of five select holiday cookies in your Festival Passport by collecting a unique stamp for each one. Then, stop by Holiday Sweets and Treats to receive a special complimentary “completer” cookie…and a glass of milk!
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.