New ‘Incredibles’ Float to Join ‘Paint the Night’ Parade on June 23 at Disney California Adventure Park
The fan-favorite “Paint the Night” parade at Disney California Adventure® Park is currently dazzling audiences during the limited-time Pixar Fest at the Disneyland® Resort. This electrifying parade uses more than 1 million brilliant lights, high-energy music and cutting edge special effects featuring many beloved Disney and Pixar pals.
Joining “Paint the Night” on June 23, 2018 is a new float inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.” The Parr family and their pal Frozone will make their debut in this spectacular parade with high-tech, pop-art effects.
Here’s how the fun and excitement of “The Incredibles” will be brought to life:
- The dynamic and colorful new float connects both “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2,” picking up where the first film left off and portraying the scene that shows the Parr family banding together against the supervillain known as “The Underminer.”
- Violet Parr uses her super powers to surround herself with a “force field.” It will come to life through a custom-built persistence-of-vision (POV) globe – the first and largest ever to be installed on a Disney parade float.
- Dash’s super-human speed is captured through an innovative system of 64 individually lit frames, flashing as he races in circles around the float.
- Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible, along with their pal Frozone, light up the night in new super suits. The suits have been installed and wired by hand and are fully programmable to be in sync with the music and the float lighting.
- The super suits, designed by eccentric fashion designer Edna Mode, are illuminated with nearly 100 sheets of flexible, miniature LEDs. This is the first time these light-up suits will be worn by any Disney or Pixar character.
- The chest logos on the Incredibles’ glowing super suits are made up of 60 individually programmable LEDs.
This super float joins “Paint the Night” this summer during Pixar Fest, the limited-time celebration happening now through Sept. 3, 2018. Pixar Pier will also welcome you at Disney California Adventure Park on June 23, 2018.
Be sure to purchase your discount Disneyland tickets with Park Savers to save over gate pricing! Or use our special coupon code PARKSAVERS to save an additional $10 off your Disneyland Resort package.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.