The inaugural voyage of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort will depart March, 1, 2022! General bookings for this immersive adventure in a galaxy far, far away will open less than one month from now, on Oct. 28, 2021.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is a first-of-its-kind vacation experience that goes beyond anything Disney has created before. Guests will become the hero of their own Star Wars story during this two-night adventure, traveling the galaxy in style aboard the Halcyon starcruiser and eventually making their way to the Outer Rim for a planetside excursion to Batuu. Guests choose how to make their way in the galaxy – maybe as a member of the Resistance, or by learning the ancient ways of the Jedi lightsaber. Maybe Guests prefer loyalty to the First Order or the excitement of living life like a smuggler? The decisions are up to them.
We’ve shared a lot of new details about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser recently. Here’s a quick recap to explore as you prepare for bookings to open:
- Today, Disney Imagineer Ann Morrow Johnson provided a first look at the starcruiser’s bridge as part of this special announcement.
- Disney Imagineers sat down for an in-depth discussion about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser in this video, sharing all sorts of new details about the experience, including the characters you may meet, the food you may eat and much more.
- The first commercial for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser gives you a first glimpse at what life on the ship may be like.
- There are all sorts of juicy details in the promotional poster for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
When Does Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel Open?
As mentioned above, the new Star Wars hotel will open March 1st, 2022 and reservations may be made starting Oct. 28th, 2021.
That date marks when bookings become open to the general public. There are booking dates opening before then and include the following:
- Club 33 Members and Golden Oak owners – Oct. 5th and 6th, 2021
- DVC members and annual passholders – Oct. 8th and 9th, 2021
- Disney VISA Cardholders – Oct. 12-16th, 2021
- Star Wars Affinity and Earmarked Travel Agencies – Oct. 21-26th, 2021
- Open to all guests – Oct. 28th, 2021
The first few months of bookings will go fast as demand is high despite having a hefty price tag. Once opened, guests can enjoy a 3 day, 2 night experience aboard the Halcyon where they will get to choose their own adventure each day.
Guests wanting to be one of the first will need to be ready, online starting Oct. 28th, to book.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.