With new attractions, a new land, a new parade and other magical experiences, Disneyland® Resort is sure to be a top travel destination in 2020. Here are a few magical things you can look forward to experiencing:
- Star Wars adventures: Adventure awaits at every turn when you travel to the planet of Batuu inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – the newest land at Disneyland Park. Here, you can craft your own lightsaber, build a droid, have a drink at Oga’s Cantina and even fly the Millennium Falcon. In just a few weeks, Guests can join the Resistance in its biggest secret mission against the First Order when Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens on Jan. 17, 2020.
- Celebrate magical moments with the all-new “Magic Happens” parade: Stunning floats, an energetic musical score and favorite Disney characters, what’s not to love? “Magic Happens” comes to life starting Feb. 28, 2020, and it will be your time to embrace how magic truly happens!
- Team up with Super Heroes at the new Avengers Campus: You can embark on an adventure filled with daring heroes at the highly anticipated Avengers Campus! In summer 2020, Earth’s mightiest heroes will be looking for new recruits to try out their immersive technological advancements and experiences, such as the first Disney ride-through attraction to feature Spider-Man, supersized food at Pym Test Kitchen, heroic encounters and more.
- Welcome a year of good fortune during Lunar New Year: The Year of the Mouse has a lot in store for us this year. From Jan. 17 to Feb. 9, 2020, you can enjoy commemorative traditions of Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, as well as special food offerings and entertainment like “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession.”
- Party during Disneyland After Dark: You can kick off this year by attending one of the four specially themed, separate ticketed events: 80s Nite (Jan. 29), Sweethearts’ Nite (Feb. 12 and 13), PIXAR Nite (Mar. 5) and Villains Nite (April 30). These events will feature unique entertainment, special food, one-of-a-kind photo opportunities, collectible merchandise and more. Dates vary and tickets are limited, so start planning for your “big nite” now!
- Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival: Calling all foodies! There is no better way to savor California’s bountiful bites and bubblies than during Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival. You can enjoy delectable cuisine, entertainment, culinary seminars and more from Feb. 28 to April 21, 2020.
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome: You won’t need to head into the unknown with Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome! Inside Animation Academy in Disney California Adventure Park, these loving sisters are so excited to meet you and take photos in their beautiful new dresses featured in Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Frozen 2.”
- 65 years of Disneyland: Every year, Disneyland continues to grow and evolve with Walt Disney’s vision in mind. On July 17, 2020, you can celebrate 65 years of this beloved icon, including many of its opening day attractions, such as Mad Tea Party, Peter Pan’s Flight and Jungle Cruise.
- Exciting reimagination of Snow White’s Scary Adventures: In 2020, you can experience this classic Fantasyland attraction with newly added magic. Familiar elements of the attraction that we know and love will be preserved, but Guests will also discover enhanced story details and all-new scenes that help complete Snow White’s happily ever after.
- Spook-tacular Halloween season: Monsters and witches alike will gather for Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort! Both parks are decked out for the occasion with dreadfully delightful décor, seasonal attraction overlays and Halloween-themed treats – not to mention Disney villains lurking throughout the resort!
- Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party: Oogie Boogie will be casting his spell again for this highly popular, separate-ticket event. Oogie Boogie Bash is filled with exclusive entertainment and experiences, including the “World of Color” spectacular – “Villainous!,” interactive DescenDANCE Party, fully immersive treat trails, “Mickey’s Trick & Treat” stage production and more!
- Ring in the festive holiday season: All is merry and bright during the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, so be sure to visit when the resort is bursting with holiday entertainment, specialty foods and joyous festivities at both parks, our three hotels and the Downtown Disney® District.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.