More Disney theme park recipes for your at-home enjoyment! Today’s recipes feature a breakfast french toast from Disney’s PCH Grill at Paradise Pier Hotel and a Beignets recipe from inside Disneyland Park. Over the past several weeks Disney has been releasing park recipes for guests to enjoy at home while their theme parks remain closed.
We hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Bon appetit!
Oven Baked French Toast
8 thick slices of challah bread
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
6 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional toppings: Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 180 C and coat baking pan (9x13x2-inches recommended) with a non-stick spray.
Slice bread into 1-inch cubes and bananas into ½-inch slices.
Place in large bowl, stirring in chocolate chips.
In a blender, mix peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt, mixing until smooth.
Pour contents of blender over bread mixture in the bowl, stirring until bread cubes have absorbed the liquid mix.
Pour mix into the baking pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top of French toast bake is golden brown.
If adding optional toppings, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust powdered sugar.
Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets
10 large Mickey Mouse-shaped beignets or 2 dozen small beignets
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3-inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.