New Enhancements Coming to ‘Mickey’s Boo to You’ Parade at Walt Disney World
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is already a must-do experience every fall at Magic Kingdom® Park, and it’s even more so this year with the debut of the incredible new “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular,” a new interactive treat trail at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and attractions updated with new Halloween twists. Now, we’re excited to announce even more to look forward to with some great additions to “Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade!”
Presented twice nightly during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (Pro tip: catch the second run of the night for the best viewing options), the parade brings forth a cavalcade of fiendishly fun floats as each land of the Magic Kingdom comes together to celebrate Halloween.
The parade opens with a flurry of favorite Disney friends, including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in all-new Halloween costumes, as they trick-or-treat down Main Street, U.S.A. Representing Liberty Square, the Haunted Mansion unit features Hitchhiking Ghosts and a new addition, the spectral Bride, who glides among the waltzing spirits.
A new Tomorrowland unit brings The Incredibles and designer extraordinaire Edna Mode to “Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade,” followed by Buzz Lightyear and Alien explorers discovering crystalline treasures on the surface of a planetary playset float.
Of course, no Halloween parade would be complete without candy. Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope von Schweetz and the girls from Sugar Rush make sure there’s plenty of sweet stuff to go around! Pirates sail in from Adventureland, Clarabelle Cow hosts a square dance during a Frontierland hoedown, and a wicked assortment of Disney Villains reigns over a Fantasyland-inspired grand finale.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party kicks off Aug. 16, 2019, with events held on select nights through Nov. 1, 2019.
Seven Must-Try Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ Experiences
Millions of theatergoers experienced the wonder of Disney’s “The Lion King” on its opening weekend. And while the film set soaring box office records, Guests have been loving “The Lion King” – and following the heartfelt adventure of Simba and his friends – since the animated version debuted in 1994. But did you know there are many ways that you can join in on all the Hakuna Matata fun at Walt Disney World® Resort?
Here’s a round up of some of our favorite Disney’s “The Lion King”-inspired experiences you can enjoy at the Walt Disney World Resort today.
1. “Festival of the Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park – This live stage show celebrates the Circle of Life with Simba, Pumba, Timon and friends, and is a hands-down Guest favorite. The show features live music, dancing, tumbling, fire knife performances, and aerial artists in a show that becomes a vacation highlight for many.
2. “Rivers of Light: We Are One” – At “Rivers of Light: We Are One,” you will experience a new story about the milestones we all share in the circle of life. The show now features even more Disneynature live-action footage, plus a tapestry of moments from animal-inspired Disney animated films, including “The Lion King.”
3. “The Lion King” Scene in the Nightly Tree of Life Awakenings – The Tree of Life awakens each evening with a new story inspired by “The Lion King,” told through beautiful projections, music and animation that pay tribute to the classic film.
4. “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” – The Discovery Island Stage is the place to be to celebrate “The Lion King” with Rafiki and Timon.
5. Adorable Disney’s “The Lion King” Merchandise – New “Lion King” plush toys, t-shirts and much more are now available at various Disney merchandise locations, as well as online at ShopDisneyParks.com.
6. “Lion King” Room at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – A must-do for Disney’s “The Lion King” fans, an entire wing of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is themed after the original animated film.
7. Listen to the Playlist – Guests can take home and stream the sounds of Disney’s “The Lion King” along with their favorite Park attractions with the official Disney’s Animal Kingdom playlist now on Apple Music®. Apple Music® subscribers will be able to add this festive playlist directly to their Apple Music® library and new users can sign up for a free three-month trial** through the app and listen to the playlists in full. *Trial or Subscription Required / **Plan automatically renews after trial
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.