Getting Food Delivery at Walt Disney World
When you think of Disney you don’t immediately think cheap. To be honest, Disney vacations are quite expensive; but that cost is made up with magic we experience while were there. Of course if there’s ever a chance to save on any of our vacation components we’ll take it. I’ve been devoted for the last 10+ years to bringing those savings to you and I’m happy to say that there is a way to save on food!
I have personally tried all the below methods and can tell you that my first method is the one I use most often. It really depends on my party size though and room type. This are things you should take into consideration but for the most part, if your just an average family or couple or individual at Walt Disney World then my first method should work best.
Keep in mind that these methods are all alternatives to purchasing food at your resort or in the parks. If you budget for that already and it’s just easier for you then by all means go for it. You may even be interested in the Disney Dining Plan which I have explained in detail which can also save you some money.
Free Food Delivery at Walt Disney World
I say free because I get to share some really great promo codes with you that can help you get free food while you’re on your vacation. Let me get those out of the way right now so you don’t forget to use them.
Uber Eats – $10 off your first delivery with code – eats-deang2368ue – Enter at sign-up in the promotions box.
DoorDash – $15 off your first orders with this link – https://drd.sh/8O8tHE/
Grubhub – $12 off your first order with this link – Click here
If I were you, I would start up all 3 and use them on your vacation for Food Delivery at Walt Disney World. That’s over $30 in free food!
There are several reasons why I like using these delivery services while I’m at the resort and I think you’ll agree with me on them:
- Variety – The Disney Parks burgers, french fries, corn dogs, hot dogs and salads just get old after a few days. Of course they have lots of options in higher dining but the point here is to save. Using these apps to get food delivery is a great way to enjoy some of the other fast food and local restaurants near the resort. Places like Subway, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Five Guys, Firehouse Subs, Chick Fil A and others are all available to choose from.
- Savings – I realise this isn’t going to be the best example but it proves my point. For a family for 4, meals at the parks would come out to $14 per adult and $8 per child on average. That’s $44 for lunch or dinner. Now take an order from any of these apps. My example was from Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I added in 2 cheeseburgers, 2 hotdogs and 2 drinks and my total came to $26.54. That’s about half the price you would pay at Disney. Basically you can really stretch your budget with these services.
- Convenience – You literally don’t even need to leave your room when you order through these apps. Sit on your bed, put your order together, send it off and wait till they bring it to your door. Worse case scenario you have to go down to the lobby to grab it. We’re already doing so much on our phones with apps at the parks that using these ones is so simple. There’s no need to drive or walk into the parks or stand in line.
I’ve also found that if there is an issue with an order, these companies are more than willing to make up for it. I’ve had complete meals compt because of a restaurant error or even being a few minutes later than it should. The other great thing is that you don’t have to tip at the time of purchase; you can do it after it’s been delivered and base it on your service.
One thing I will touch one is food delivery to the actual parks and not just your hotel. I talk about it a bit more below in my tips but essentially yes, you can have these guys deliver your food to the parks. It’s really a great way to save if you don’t want to go back but you’re hungry and want to save.
I think you can see my point on Food Delivery at Walt Disney World and why delivery apps are the way to go. Of course there are several other options as well that I’ve shared below. Choose the one that fits your needs the best and go from there. It’s all about saving!
Orlando Grocery Delivery
The cheapest way to save on food is to buy your own and bring it with you. This will always be the #1 way to save on food at the parks. However, going shopping isn’t always something you want to to after arriving from a long drive or flight. That’s why there are several Orlando grocery delivery services that you can use to plan ahead and have your groceries waiting for you at the hotel.
I typically use this service when I’m staying on property in a villa that has a full kitchen. Of course you can order anything you want no matter what size room you have but I’ve found if I’m going to order a hundred dollars or so worth of groceries I want a good place to store everything and a kitchen to cook in.
Here are my top 3 recommended Orlando grocery delivery services for Walt Disney World:
- Orlando Grocery Express – I’ve been using these guys for a while now and find that they are the best way to go. They always get my orders correct, if they can’t find something they call and ask what to replace it with and my groceries are always at the hotel on time. Also their customer service is top-notch.
- Garden Grocer – Also one of my favorites to use. I like the variety they offer and if they don’t have something you can request it. They offer an app so you can order and manage your orders on the go. They also have low to free delivery free depending on your order size.
- Wal-Mart Grocery Delivery – Yes, you can now shop Wal-Mart online locally and have them deliver your groceries the same day to your hotel. All you favorite items at their low prices. Make sure you book in advance like all the other services. Time slots fill up and so do days so look at least 7-14 in advance.
Again, getting Orlando grocery delivery to your hotel is a great way to save on your food for the entirety of your trip. I tend to do this option when I’m traveling with a bigger party as well. Everyone pitches in and gets groceries and then we all make sandwiches or spaghetti and eat together. It’s quite fun actually and you can do it from the comfort of your own hotel room.
Lastly I want to mention Amazon Prime Now which does grocery delivery through Wholefoods and themselves. Their pricing is great and they can do same-day delivery as well for a small fee or free when your order is over $40. There have been plenty of times when I went with the family and someone got sick so I jumped on Amazon Prime Now and had medicine delivered.
And that’s one of the big reasons why I like. Not only do they do food and Orlando grocery delivery but they also have items such as medicine, shoes, socks, jackets, umbrellas, strollers and more. Resort prices are ridiculous for these items but Amazon has them at great pricing plus same-day delivery.
So you have quite a few options when it comes to Orlando Grocery Delivery and one of them is bound to meet your needs.
DVC and Annual Passholders
If you happen to be or are traveling with an Annual Passholder or a DVC member there’s a good chance they can help you save on food at the parks. Most passholders and DVC members receive 10% off food though it varies by location. Most of the time their discount will apply to sit-down more than it will quick service.
Of course there are a few things you’d have to figure out like paying the person back etc. but with apps like Venmo, PayPal and Apple Pay this is a cinch. While it’s not a ton of savings it is something.
If you didn’t plan ahead at all most on-property resorts have small stores in them that offer the essentials like breakfast cereal, muffins, donuts, milk, coffee, bread, jelly, butter, chips and more. DVC members and AP holders can get a discount on these at a 10-20% discount. It almost makes them reasonably priced.
Tips For Food Delivery at Walt Disney World
This is just as important as saving a bunch of money. Many of you might not have experience with any of these services so I’m going to provide a list with my top tips when using a Food Delivery Service app.
- There’s a lot going on in the background of an app. While it is simple to place your order and receive your food there’s a lot on the end of the delivery service to make sure this happens efficiently and effectively. Basically what I’m getting at is be patient. Most places delivery around 30 minutes or so after placing an order but don’t expect it to be ten minutes or less. Also, if there are issues it typically lies with the restaurant, not the delivery person. Just something to think about.
- Sometimes your delivery person will get an address or location that’s based on where you’re currently located if you don’t manually change it. I always type in my resort hotel name instead of having the app use my location. I do this because lots of times I’m headed back from the parks when I’m ordering and I don’t want them to deliver to a random street on property. Also, after placing the order and a driver has picked it up I’ll send them a text and say I’m at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort. This can help them get there faster if they know a faster route instead of relying on a GPS.
- If you ordered and forgot to add and take away an item such as onions or pickles, call the restaurant themselves. It’s much faster to do this then contacting the app service. Most restaurants know if the order is an Uber Eats or DoorDash and just let them know which one and the change you need to make. This has to be done before the driver picks up.
- I’ve had a lot of people ask me if you can have one of these services deliver to the parks and the answer is yes. You will have to meet them right outside the entrance as they cannot come in. You may even need to walk to where the pick-up and drop off for Uber and LYFT are. Either way once you have it you can take it into the parks but you’ll have to be screened again at security and then scan your ticket. It’s actually pretty cool!
- Rarely things just go bad with an order. The restaurant forgot to make it or they are backed up and your delivery time gets pushed back. Sometimes your driver has a hard time getting to the resort because of traffic or an accident. Stuff happens and when it does all you can do is reach out to guest services for the app and see what they can offer you.
- If you’re ordering something hot and want it to still be hot when it’s delivered shoot a text to your driver and ask they they put the food in their hot bag. Every driver, no matter what service you’re using, is given a hot bag to keep the food in. Some use them and some don’t but they work really well so let them know.
My Perfect Ending
Food Delivery at Walt Disney World is a really great option for everyone. You can avoid spending tons of money and the same old same old and order right from your phone. Have you food delivered to the parks or your resort hotel. It typically ends up being about half the cost.
If you want actual Orlando grocery delivery to your hotel there are several options and is a great idea when you have a room with a full kitchen or a large group. It’s always the best way to save on food.
Be sure to use the promo codes I shared above to help you get some free grub at the parks when you’re out there.
There are other great ways to save on Walt Disney World vacations including purchasing discounted tickets from Park Savers. I have a whole planning guide that can help you make the most of your vacation. And if you’re planning on staying late to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom I have a whole guide on the best places to view them from.