The Grand Floridian Hotel is one of our top recommended hotels at Walt Disney World!
Location: Magic Kingdom area
Grand Floridian Hotel – Revel in Victorian-style splendor and enjoy the comforts of home at this elegant Disney Resort hotel. Stay in a stately deluxe studio or multi-bedroom villa. Indulge in a luxurious massage at the full-service spa. Unwind outdoors as evening fireworks light up the sky over Cinderella Castle. Just one stop from Magic Kingdom park on the complimentary Resort Monorail, this timeless marvel evokes Palm Beach’s golden era.
We can’t say enough about the convenience this hotel offers to Magic Kingdom. If there was one hotel that really represented Walt Disney World for elegance and luxury, this is it. Guests can enjoy some beachfront access, amazing pools, magical dining including the #2 restaurant in the U.S. and of course amazing views of Magic Kingdom.
Victoria and Albert’s is the #2 rated restaurant in the U.S. and is found right here at the Grand Floridian Hotel. Reservations are required and guests can expect to be served one of the best meals they’ve ever had. A dress code is strictly enforced, be sure to read more about it here. Take it from us, this place is amazing!
We also enjoy the Grand Floridian Cafe located on the lobby level. It serves up a really great breakfast and for a decent price. You’ll order your entree and any additional sides you want plus you’ll receive free biscuits with butter and jam. Be sure to try the Vanilla Bean French Toast!
The pool features a 181 foot water slide and some great lounging areas. Be sure to check out the poolside dining and try a lava smoothie!
You can take the monorail from the Grand Floridian Hotel to Magic Kingdom. It comes every 5 minutes barring any delays and the first stop is Magic Kingdom park. The line also goes to the Contemporary Resort and the Polynesian Resort. Both hotels offer some great dining experiences for you to enjoy! The third stop on this line is the Ticket and Transportation station which is where you can get off and and switch to the monorail that takes you to EPCOT. The whole thing will take about 20 minutes.
The Garden View Tea Room is the only place you can enjoy a full-fledged tea experience at Walt Disney World. Make a reservation and bring your friends or even your little princess to enjoy a traditional tea experience in the Garden View Tea Room.
- As close to Magic Kingdom as you can get!
- Monorail access to Magic Kingdom & EPCOT.
- Great views of Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom fireworks at night.
- Ferry boat and a walking path is also available to get you to Magic Kingdom.
- Make your FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance by staying here!
- Receive free Magic Bands when you book this hotel!
- Free transportation to and from Orlando Intl. Airport when you book this hotel!
- It’s not super close to any of the other theme parks.
- This means more busing around. The monorail ride to EPCOT can take upwards to 30 minutes.
- Pricey. Maybe one of the most expensive hotels at Walt Disney World.
Discounts and Savings
We recommend Undercover Tourist for the best price on this hotel.