“So, this is love. So, this is what makes life divine.” It isn’t only Cinderella who’s looking for her special someone. Disney loves a love story: Cinderella and Prince Charming, Beauty and the Beast, Lady and the Tramp. And, of course, who can forget the most iconic Disney couple of all? Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
Fortunately, you don’t need to be living in a fairy tale to have your own magical romance. Just go to Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite. With everything from charming entertainment to sweet eats, plus early admission and shorter lines, Disney Sweethearts’ Night is an enchanting event for Valentine’s Day or a Galentine’s celebration with friends.
So, read on as we go over all the romantic things to do at Disneyland Sweethearts’ Nite 2023.
Going to Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite 2023
February is the season of love, and even Disneyland is getting in the spirit with its Sweethearts’ Night After Dark event. Whether you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with the one you adore or party in the name of amour alongside your family or grown-up gal pals, this exclusive soiree has a little something for everyone.
Dates & Times
Disneyland Sweethearts’ Nite will be spreading the love during the evenings on January 31 and February 2, 5, 7, 9 14 and 16, 2023, after the park has closed. The event officially runs from 9 PM to 1 AM. Although, if they’d like, guests can enter the park early, starting at 6 PM.
We suggest you take advantage of this head start as it gives you the opportunity to accomplish some of the things on your list early. That way, you’ll be able to spend more time focusing on event-exclusive offerings once most of the crowds depart.
Tickets & Rates
If you’re hoping to still buy a ticket for Disney Sweethearts’ Night, we’re sad to report that all evenings are completely sold out. However, when there was still some availability, tickets were on sale for as low as $114 per person, with prices increasing for Valentine’s Day.
Sweethearts’ Night Disneyland Entertainment & Activities
Before the event starts, be sure to snag your souvenir credential and guide map. The credential makes for an excellent keepsake, while the map will be invaluable in directing you toward the lovey-dovey dishes, characters, activities and entertainment.
As a Disneyland After Dark event, one of the highlights of Sweethearts’ Nite is lighter crowds and, as a result, typically shorter lines at some of the park’s most popular attractions, a worthwhile perk for playful types and adrenaline junkies. Unfortunately, not all attractions will be available. Rides that won’t be open include but aren’t limited to:
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Critter Country
- Mickey’s Toontown
- Splash Mountain
- “it’s a small world”
- Sailing Ship Columbia
While you’ll definitely want to take advantage of those blissfully short lines, you’ll also want to take advantage of the other love-inspired perks Sweethearts’ Nite has to offer.
Get Fancy in a Romantic Costume
With characters to see and cute photo backdrops inspired by iconic Disney romance scenes, chances are you’ll be taking a whole lotta photos. So, why not put on your fancy clothes and make the most of your time in front of the camera?
Costumes aren’t just welcomed, they’re highly encouraged. Lean into the dreaminess and don your flirty best, don something nostalgic that would look right at home on Dapper Day or channel your favorite couple with a little DisneyBounding.
However, keep in mind that if you do decide to dress up, there are some rules you’ll need to follow – or risk being denied admission or told to change if you wear anything inappropriate or unsafe. Disneyland’s costume guidelines include:
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any items that resemble (or could easily be mistaken for) an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp/pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g., full-length Princess dresses).
- For Guests Ages 13 and Younger
- Costumes and some costume masks may be worn as long as the entire face isn’t covered, and eyes are visible.
- For Guests Ages 14 and Older
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are permitted.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus.
- Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Costume masks of any kind may not be worn.
See Your Favorite Disney Couples
It wouldn’t be a Disneyland After Dark event without some Disney character experiences. And who better during this special Valentine’s Day soiree than some of Disney’s most famous sweethearts? The Disney Princesses and their princes will be out and about, and of course, don’t miss a chance to see Mickey and Minnie and their pals Donald and Daisy. Additionally, the same characters aren’t always out – Sleeping Beauty does like a good nap, you know. But don’t get discouraged if you miss your favorite, as they should be out again shortly after a brief break.
Boogie Down with Your Boo to Live Music or at a DJ Dance Party
Love songs have been tugging on peoples’ heartstrings for centuries, and you’re bound to hear a few while you’re exploring Disney Sweethearts’ Night. As you’re wandering through the park, take some time to groove to the beat of some live music or bust a move on the dance floor to some DJ-spun tunes.
Canoodle in Front of the Camera for Some Lovey-Dovey Disney Photos
As they say, pics or it didn’t happen. Well, with adorable photo opportunities themed after Disney’s dreamiest love scenes, like Lady and the Tramp and The Little Mermaid, that certainly won’t be an issue. And as there is a Disney PhotoPass Photographer, you won’t need to settle for an awkward selfie or ask a stranger to snap your picture.
Best of all, one of the perks of going to Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite is unlimited photo downloads from your romantic evening. So go on, make those memories and cheese it up as much as you like. Just don’t forget to download all your photos before they expire – pictures disappear 45 days after they are taken.
End the Night with a Love-themed Disneyland Fireworks Show
For many, falling in love feels like a fireworks display – dazzling chemistry fueled by a spark of passion. So, it’s only appropriate to end the evening with a special Sweethearts’ Night Disneyland fireworks show.
Just for this Disneyland Valentine’s Day celebration, couples can cozy up during an exclusive pyrotechnic spectacular all about love. We bet you won’t be able to keep from singing along to those classic Disney love songs!
Disneyland Sweethearts’ Nite Dining
It wouldn’t be date night without a romantic dinner. So fittingly, you’ll find a tempting array of dining options at the 2022 Disneyland After Dark Sweethearts’ Nite.
If you’d like to sample more things from different places or you’re trying to be thrifty, stop by some of the quick-service locations around the park to enjoy shareable dishes made with couples in mind and other budget-friendly, romance-inspired eats. For a sweet ending to the evening, be sure to save some space for a fruity or chocolatey (or both!) dessert or two.
Hoping instead for an elaborate, multi-course meal with plenty of time to gaze lovingly into the eyes of your significant other? Disney’s got you covered with tantalizing two Sweethearts’ Nite dining packages to choose from, each offering a different dreamy setting.
Lady and the Tramp-Inspired Dinner for Two at the Plaza Inn
“Oh, this is the night, it’s a beautiful night – and we call it Bella Notte.” Have you ever wished you could recreate that iconic spaghetti scene from Land and the Tramp? Well, now you can live out your puppy-love dreams thanks to the Plaza Inn’s exclusive Sweethearts’ Nite menu.
For $80 (or $40 per individual – tax and gratuity not included), couples can tuck into a three-course, prix fixe spread for two of cozy Italian classics including:
- A shareable plate of Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Individual Caesar Salads
- Herbed Breadsticks
- Individual Cannoli
- Fountain beverage or bottled water
That’s right – along with a special photo opportunity themed after everyone’s favorite pair of lovestruck pooches, diners can even enjoy the ultimate carb-lovers kiss over a steaming plate of pasta. On a romantic dinner with your little ones in tow? No worries, kid-sized portions are also available for $15 each.
Elegant Three-Course Creole Feast at Café Orleans
If you’re craving something a little classier, consider booking a table at Café Orleans. Perfect for foodie couples searching for a little romance, the special Café Orleans Sweethearts’ Nite menu serves up sophisticated, French-inspired Creole cuisine in a dreamy setting.
For $50 per adult (plus tax and gratuity), guests can savor their selections over the three-course meal, with options including:
- Choice of One Starter:
- Cup of Chicken Gumbo with Chicken, Andouille Sausage and Rice
- Cheese Tart & Green Salad with Pickled Strawberry, Citrus Curd and Fines Herbes Dressing
- Ratatouille Crostini (Plant-based) with Grilled Vegetables, Tomato Salad and Aged Balsamic
- Yellowfin Tuna Tartare with Mango Purée, Caribbean Mignonette and Chips
- Choice of One Entrée:
- Blue Cheese-crusted Flat Iron Steak with Balsamic-glazed Brussels Sprouts, Pommes Frites and Cherry Demi
- Roasted Half Chicken with Late Winter Vegetables, Pommes Frites and Coq Au Vin Sauce
- Shrimp Scampi with Cherry Tomatoes, Wilted Greens and Pommes Frites
- Farro Risotto (Plant-based) with Shiitake Mushrooms, Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Wilted Greens
- Cream Puffs with Strawberries, Vanilla Pastry Cream and Chocolate Sauce
To top it all off, you don’t need to plan ahead to enjoy this fancy dinner. While an advance reservation is certainly recommended, as long as you have a valid Sweethearts’ Nite ticket, you can even wait to join the mobile walk-up list on your chosen event date.
Top Tips for Feeling the Love at Disney Sweethearts’ Night
- Arrive Early – Even with the smaller crowds, the lines can still get long for some event offerings. Rather than using up all your time in line for rides, enter the park early so you can cross some of your must-do attractions off your list first then focus on the event-exclusive stuff later.
- Don’t Wait to Buy Something – If you see something you really like that is only available during Sweethearts’ Nite, don’t hesitate to buy it right away. Otherwise, since things have been known to sell out (both food and merch), you could be out of luck.
- Choose Your Battles Wisely – With so much to see and do, you can easily run out of time if you aren’t careful. Look over the guide map before you get started so you can plan your attack. Decide what’s most important to you, whether that’s characters, exclusive eats, special entertainment, rides or photo ops.
Well, that’s all there is for Sweethearts’ Night Disneyland 2022. If you’re looking for couple things to do at Disneyland or a love-inspired evening with family or friends around Valentine’s Day, this celebration of love with a sprinkle of pixie dust is sure to be a good time.
Hoping to spend the day at Disneyland before the event starts? Take care of your theme park to-do list with our 1-Day Disneyland Park Plan so you can really enjoy Sweethearts’ Nite that evening. Hoping to save some cash after those pricey Disney After Dark tickets? Offset your date night with our discount Disneyland tickets.
Are you going to Disney Sweethearts’ Night? Which Disney couple are you wanting to see? What tempting bite are you most excited to try? Let us know in the comments!