The newest offering by Disney, a 100-room Star Wars themed hotel, seems to be the tipping point for most Disney fans as the hotel has yet to sell-out of any days in 2022. Rooms, which are priced anywhere from $4,800 for 2 guests all the way up to $20,000 for a suite, have availability all over the online calendar for booking. Right now everything from August forward is basically open with several weeks in July and many days even in June open.
Currently the package includes:
- 2-night stay in a cabin or suite
- Ongoing, immersive and interactive entertainment, where choices determine your experience
- Food and beverages on the starcruiser (excluding alcoholic and specialty beverages) and a quick-service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for your planetary excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Valet parking
- Exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser MagicBand
Everything from the hotel rooms to on-board experiences have been rated mostly moderate, but nothing amazing. And even after the purchase of the room, guests are still finding themselves spending hundreds on food and special experiences like photography sessions on-board and merchandise creation. Even drinks have out-priced the parks where alcohol runs around $13 for beer, $11 and up for wine and $23 for specialty drinks.
Want to sit at the head of the table during your Crown of Corellia dining experience? Another $30.
So who is spending the money to experience Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser? “It’s a mix of park fans and Star Wars fans,” said one guest who recently visited the hotel. “The experience can be great if you get into all the story lines and participate in as many activities as you can. Otherwise, if you come expecting it to be like another property hotel where you can swim and just lounge around, you’ll probably go home disappointed.”
For now, it seems, Disney fans will remain set on spending their time at the 4 parks and regular property hotels instead of 2 days aboard the Halcyon.