There’s no such thing as a definitive list they say. No way to claim which attractions are the best. We’ll I’m here to tell you that that’s…sorta true. My top 7 attractions at Hollywood Studios is probably way different then some, maybe even yours. But let’s take the opportunity to compare and let me know what you think.
As a preface, I’ve been to Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World many, many times as a passholder and have ridden EVERYTHING, new and old. I have a lot of experience with them all.
I’m basing my top 7 attractions off of the idea that you’re tall enough to ride each attractions, no height restriction. So here they are (in no particular order..or are they?):
- Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster – Easily the best coaster at any Disney theme park. What about Everest or the Incredicoaster? Nope. Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster trumps them all. With one of the fastest take-offs, a loop and several corkscrews, not to mention the awesome Aerosmith music.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – A newcomer but an instant contender for the top 7. Rise of the Resistance breaks many attraction boundaries and is a phenomenal ride for anyone, not just Star Wars fans. You’re sure to be blown away by what Disney has done.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – This is a classic. At Disneyland it wasn’t a classic (I’ll probably get some feedback from that comment) but at Hollywood Studios it is and always will be. The “one stormy night long ago” line by Rod Serling is one we can’t forgot; nor the drop from the top tower.
- Slinky Dog Dash – For anyone who doesn’t love an intense roller coaster, this is the perfect one for you. It has a smaller height requirement so smaller kids can enjoy it but still offers the ups, downs and turns that make you laugh out loud. And of course it’s model after a Toy Story favorite, Slinky Dog!
- Toy Story Midway Mania – It’s easily the best 4-D shooting game at any of the parks! Despite it having been around for several years, it packs one of the longest lines everyday. That’s because it’s fun for everyone! Try and beat your high score or the high score of others, look for special targets to get more points or just go crazy and shoot everything! Either way you’ll have fun as a toy zipping around Andy’s room playing his games.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – This is the newest attraction to open at the Hollywood Studios theme park and is making a splash! Having replaced The Great Movie Ride (RIP) this new family-friendly attraction is perfect for the whole fam! Join Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and the gang as they take you from real life to cartoon!
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Also a classic for this theme park, Star Tours takes you on a crazy and unexpected ride through the galaxy with C3PO, R2D2 and other beloved Star Wars characters. You never know who (or what) you’re going to run into! So throw on your 3D glasses and hold on because things might get a bit rough.
So there you have it! The top 7 Hollywood Studios attractions that are currently open and ready of you to experience! Have your own set of attraction you love more? Agree? Disagree? Let me know! I love to hear what others like to do at the theme parks and why!
Looking to travel soon? Check out these great savings offers on tickets and packages.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.