For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we wanted to share an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app.
You will want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15. Most importantly – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 10am, 1pm and 4pm to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue.
There are a few important details to know before arriving:
- First, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, you’ll need to log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. This is where you will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for yourselves and the others in your group, you can enroll your entire party in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- You should make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.