How To Join The WEB Slingers Virtual Queue
We did an article on how to join the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and it has proven to be very useful for guests who know nothing about virtual queues and how they work. We’re going to be breaking this down the same way to significantly increase your chances of getting a WEB Slingers Boarding Group on the day of your visit.
The virtual queue system for this attraction has existed since day one, including during land previews. It’s Disney’s “fair way” of getting guests onto the attraction without having a Standby line. Essentially the virtual queues works by assigning boarding groups to guests and then calling them to the attraction once it’s their turn to ride.
We’re not fans of virtual queues because it’s basically a lottery and many guests miss out even when they do everything right. We’ve found that people much prefer to stand in a 3-4 hour line but have a guaranteed chance to ride than to participate in a virtual queue and have a much smaller chance of experience it.
Anyway, the virtual queue for WEB Slingers can be accessed through the official Disneyland Mobile App. It’s free so download it to your smartphone before you arrive at the parks. You also need to create an account if you haven’t already. It’s the same one you would use to log in to Disneyland.com to link your tickets and make Park Reservations.
Once logged in on the app you’ll be able to join the virtual queue for WEB Slingers. Simply follow these easy steps:
1. On the homepage of the app, scroll down until you see the Virtual Queues banner. Click “Join Boarding Group”.
2. On the page that loads, you’ll notice at the top that you can choose which park you want to join a virtual queue for. For WEB Slingers you’re going to want to click “Disney California Adventure Park” on the right side.
3. This is the page you’re going to want to be on when the queue opens. As of right now, the virtual queue opens at 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. PST daily. This means you have two chances of joining each day. It’s super important to remember that you must have a Park Reservation to California Adventure Park if you want to join the virtual queue at 7 a.m. Doesn’t matter if you’re Park Hopping. Your first park must be DCA for that time. If Disneyland Park is your first park, you can try for the Noon one.
We highly recommend getting to this screen on the app 5 minutes before the queue opens. It’s good to be familiar with how it works. You’ll notice from the image below that we highlighted two areas. The first is a big empty area. What we’ve done here is demonstrated that this page can be refreshed by pulling down and letting go. This is the first important step. Try it a few times and you’ll see that once you let go the current time will appear for a few seconds then go away.
The second area currently has text in it saying the queue isn’t open. However, it’s in this exact area where, once it does open, a blue button will appear and you’ll need to click it to join and get a boarding group. Once clicked, you’ll see your group of guests who will be part of your boarding group. At the bottom of that page you’ll see another blue button to join. Click that and you’ve joined.
So here are the exact steps we take to increase our chances of getting into the WEB Slingers virtual queue:
- Be on the virtual queue page several minutes before 7 a.m. Pull the screen down several time while waiting to refresh it.
- Watch your phones clock. When it reaches 6:59 a.m. get ready to join by pulling down the screen but not releasing it. This is key.
- Once your phones clock turns to 7 a.m. quickly release the screen and let the page refresh. A Blue Button will appear to join the queue. Quickly tap the button.
- The next screen to load will be a list of your guests who are going to join the queue with you. Ignore this page 100%. Do not look over the guests to confirm who is riding with you. You will miss out on getting a boarding group if you do this. We can’t stress this enough. Instead of looking over the list, start tapping on the bottom of the page where another Blue Button is. This will get you into the queue.
Your movements should be precise and quick with no hesitation. You literally have seconds to do this before the queue is full.
Now the reason why we told you to skip looking at the guest list is because Disney’s system is going to automatically select all guests who are eligible to join for you. That’s why there’s absolutely zero reason to pause and check this list. If everyone in your group has a Park Reservation for DCA and a valid ticket, they will automatically be selected. We can’t stress this enough!!
You’re movements should be: release the screen, tap the first blue button and then tab the second blue button. That’s it! Your success is almost guaranteed if you can follow these steps.
- Not being logged in. The app tends to be finicky. Sometimes you’re logged in automatically and sometimes you think you are but you aren’t. It’s always best to check this. Maybe even sign out and then sign back in to make sure. The last thing you want is to try and get a boarding group but you’re not signed in.
- Not having Park Pass Reservations. You cannot join the WEB Slingers virtual queue unless your first park of the day is California Adventure Park. Even if you plan to park hop, it won’t work.
- Not having your tickets link to the app. This is rare but you better make sure they are before you try. Otherwise it will end in disaster.
- Joining the virtual queue is at 7 a.m. PST, not 7 a.m. wherever you are. You’ll need to compensate for any time difference as we know there as guests who do it the morning of even when they are in a different state to start. Be aware though. If you end up with an early boarding group and you’re not around, you’ll be past over!
- Thinking that the 7 a.m. time is the only time to join is a mistake. You can also join at 12 Noon so if you miss at 7 a.m. try again at 12.
For more general information on WEB Slingers be sure to read our complete guide.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.