Buying Cheap Disneyland Tickets 2019
Is there such a thing? Cheap Disneyland Tickets seems like a very contradicting statement considering Disney can be quite expensive. It seems like every year Disney is increasing their prices for the parks which never feels good. While this may deter some guests to give in to paying gate pricing or just not visit at all, there are still people like us who fight to find a deal. My family and I have been traveling to the Disney parks for years and we can truthfully tell you that while the discount for park tickets may not be 1/2 price, there are deals out there that can save you money. We update this article frequently to ensure the best price for you (last updated on March 7th, 2019).
For the past several years Disneyland has raised their ticket prices at least once a year. It can be pricey for just one person let alone an entire family. When Disneyland opened in 1955 entry into the park was just $1.00! Now it can cost over $100 just for 1 day. However, in Disney’s defense there is inflation and operating costs which have increased over the years, especially with two parks operating and Downtown Disney District. While there used to be “other” options out there for Cheap Disneyland Tickets, they are no longer viable as Disney has really come down on tickets being shared or split. This really was the only way for guests to receive anything close to half off tickets.
So while it may seem like there aren’t many options out there for discounts on Disneyland tickets, do not fret! We’ve been doing years of research and information gathering to ensure the best possible savings and discounts on Disneyland tickets. Surprisingly there are quite a few ways to save, some being closer to half price and some being around $5 to $110 off. What it comes down to is the type of ticket you need. We’ll get this out of the way right now: no authorized seller can discount a 1 day ticket. If you’re looking to go for just one day, your best option is to buy from Disney directly via the Disneyland App. It will save you time and give you access via your phone to the parks.
BEST PLACES TO BUY
Getting right to the point of this topic, we can tell you in full honesty that the best place to buy your Cheap Disneyland Tickets is with our friend and partner Get Away Today. They have been an authorized wholesaler for Disneyland tickets for over 20 years. They have a direct relationship with Disney which first, ensures you’re getting legitimate tickets and second, the best price possible. We’ve been searching for deals on Disneyland tickets since 2001 and can tell you that Get Away Today is the best place to buy your tickets. They offer a best price guarantee on everything they sell so you know that you’re getting the best price.
Outside of our partner we highly recommend the military discount. They only reason we mention this second is because most people don’t qualify for this discount, but it is THE largest discount available on Disneyland tickets. To qualify for these tickets you must:
- Be a current active member in the military including Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, National Guard, U.S. Coast Guard, Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service or Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Be retired military from any of the same military branches listed above.
Unfortunately as of right now Veterans are not eligible for these tickets. To purchase military tickets you can either visit your local military base (it doesn’t matter which branch) and purchase them or you can purchase them at the box office’s at Disneyland. We highly recommend buying them from a base as taxes are not added onto the sale. There are currently two ticket options available for 2019:
- 3 Day Park Hopper for $178
- 4 Day Park Hopper for $198
Tickets are valid for use through December 21st, 2019.
The two above options are your best beat and cover anyone looking for deals on tickets. However, there are a few additional places that you may want to check though we either have seen that they no longer offer discounts or the discounts are not as great as the two options above.
AAA has in the past offered discounts on standalone Disneyland tickets. Members could purchase them online or in person at a local AAA branch. However, we’ve noticed that in the past year or so that has gone away. We think they may have lost their direct wholesaler contract for tickets only and moved over to retail 100%. What this means for club members is that you most likely have to purchase a complete package from them instead of tickets only. This is a real bummer because they used to have some good pricing.
Of all the stores or clubs that have offered Cheap Disneyland Tickets, Costco Wholesale was one of the best. They had fantastic discounts on Disneyland tickets that for a long time, nobody could touch. In fact, one of the last offers that we remember years ago was a 4 Day Park Hopper Ticket that came with a $100 Disney Gift Card. So the price was below gate pricing plus you got $100 to spend in the parks. It was a fantastic deal!
We look at Costco every month or so for discounts on tickets and so far there are none. If you’re a reader and find this to be different, please let us know! We typically call local warehouses and look online for tickets and so far nobody offers them. We think the age of Disneyland tickets for Costco is over but there is always a glimmer of hope.
Speaking of membership stores, Sam’s Club used to offer Disneyland tickets as well but this too was several years ago and we have not seen them for quite some time.
There are a few travel website out there that specialize in hotels but offer Disneyland tickets for sale. We’re not huge fans of them as many times they don’t even do anything with their tickets except sell them at gate pricing. Expedia is one website you could check for savings on tickets. They tend to offer 2-5 day tickets for Disneyland in possibly Park Hopper and 1 Park Per Day. Priceline is another website that could be worth checking. Keep in mind thought that if they do have some discounts available, you can always get the same deal or better with Get Away Today.
Other stores you can consider would be Vons, Albertsons, Safeway and Walmart. Most of these stores don’t offer actual tickets but you can find ini the gift card section tickets that can be redeemed at the gates. Their pricing is gate pricing so no discount, however, if you have a rewards account you can usually get a fair amount of them when you buy your tickets there. This could turn into free groceries or gas rewards!
Lastly, remember that you’re purchasing tickets to Disneyland in Anaheim California. Don’t make the mistake of purchasing Walt Disney World tickets for the sister park in Orlando Florida. While guests make this mistake all the time Disney is prepared to take care of this for you at a box office if you did.
HOW TO BUY CHEAP DISNEYLAND TICKETS
For most people this is not a hard thing to do. You can follow our links to the proper pages and follow the website to find the tickets you want and then checkout. However, some guests many get confused on which tickets to purchase and special offers that may have block-out dates. And sometimes there are website out there that are just hard to navigate. Not to worry. We have step by step instructions on how to purchase them as well as a short video on how to buy them.
Assuming you’re purchasing them through our trusted partner Get Away Today, here are step by step instructions:
- Once you’ve loaded the main page you’ll see a search bar. Don’t let this scare you as it may be showing Hotel + Tickets. This option can be changed if you’re just looking for tickets. Simply click the down arrow and select Tickets Only.
- Now choose your arrival date and how many guests are going to be in your party. Children under 3 do not require a ticket. Now click “search”.
- The results page is going to show you a few options including the different types of tickets that are available. If you don’t see Disneyland tickets just scroll down until you do. You’ll see that there are Park Hopper Tickets and 1 Park Per Day Tickets. Choose whichever one of these you want by clicking “View Deals”.
- The next page is going to show you all the available tickets, specifically ow many days you want to play. Simply select from the 2-5 day tickets and then if you need to modify the number of guests you can. Now click “Add to Cart”.
- Once added you’ll see a yellow button towards the top right of your browser that says “Continue”. Click this to go to checkout.
- You may be offered additional ticket options for other theme parks at this point. Either add more or simply “Continue” to complete your checkout of your cart.
- On the Package Summary page you can see an overview of what you’ve added to your cart and the price. Keep in mind that the Peace of Mind Plan is automatically added in at this point. If you don’t care to have it simply click the x button at the bottom to remove it. Now click “Go to Checkout”.
- We highly recommend you create an account as it makes things much easier to access after purchase. Whether you do or don’t you’re going to need to fill out your Mailing Address and your Payment and Delivery options. Once this is complete you’ll review and purchase.
Look for your confirmation emails and tickets via the email address you entered in within 24 hours. If you had tickets shipped to you look for them to arrive via standard mail in 5-7 business days.
Keep in mind there may be similar but not exact steps to this as websites can change overtime. Of course if you’re completely stuck and need help you can call 1-877-226-3380 and an agent can help you.
Once you’ve purchased your tickets you will receive them via email as all tickets with Get Away Today are e-tickets. These allow you to go straight to the turnstiles at the parks and enter the parks. No box office stop is required. You can either print them or show them from your phone. Either way your actual ticket will print as you enter the parks.
CURRENT TICKET PRICING
Because there are so many different vendors to choose from we’re only going to list 2 so you have a good idea of what to expect for savings. The first is going to be Disney Gate Pricing, just exactly what you would pay if you purchased from Disney either online or at the parks.
Disneyland Gate Pricing 2019*
- Adult 2-Day 1 Park Per Day $225 or Park Hopper $280
- Adult 3-Day 1 Park Per Day $300 or Park Hopper $355
- Adult 4-Day 1 Park Per Day $325 or Park Hopper $380
- Adult 5-Day 1 Park Per Day $340 or Park Hopper $395
Get Away Today Pricing 2019*
- Adult 2-Day 1 Park Per Day $221 or Park Hopper $276
- Adult 3-Day 1 Park Per Day $201 or Park Hopper $249
- Adult 4-Day 1 Park Per Day $220 or Park Hopper $266
- Adult 5-Day 1 Park Per Day $230 or Park Hopper $276
*Pricing is subject to change and current promotions.
Right now there is a spring special offer going on that will end sometime this yet to be determined but tickets are only valid for use through May 23rd. These savings are huge and we highly recommend that anyone who’s heading to Disneyland in 2019 take a look at these tickets and consider visiting before summer aka Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge craziness. The new land opens May 31st of this year and the crowds are going to be crazy. We’re also expecting a price increase for Disneyland tickets one more time before this expansion opens. If you purchase your tickets before this increase your pricing is solidified and you won’t have to pay anything additional.
One thing to remember is that the more you play the more you save at the parks. What this means is that the more days you go to the park the less you pay per day. Currently a 2 Day 1 Park Per Day costs $112 per day. When you move up to the 3 Day 1 Park Per Day each day costs $100. The 4 Day 1 Park Per Day is $81.25 per day and the 5 Day is $68 per day. The best value for your money is the 5 day ticket where you’ll pay less than $70 per day.
If you’re looking for more tips on how to save we have several other articles including How to do Disneyland Cheap. You can also read about What To Pack For Disney if you’d like to learn some tips and tricks about packing for your vacation. We also offer Freebies and Deals for free rides and food for your vacation.