It’s finally open! We’ve been waiting years for for this E-Ticket attraction to open since the announcement of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and today is the day! While Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opened at Walt Disney World in December of 2019, Disneyland’s version was put on hiatus until it’s sister resorts was done.
If you’re as excited as I am about it then you’ll probably want to know a few things about planning a visit for this attraction. Here’s what you need to know:
- There is no Fastpass for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Instead there is a virtual queueing system that must be joined in order to experience the attractions. You’ll want to download the official Disneyland App and sign-in or create a Disney account. From there you’ll want to click on the virtual queuing system from the home screen.
- Since the virtual queue is the only way to experience the attraction for right now, if you don’t join a boarding group through it, you won’t be able to ride.
- In order to join a boarding group you’ll need to have all of your groups tickets available on the Disneyland app. Once you all have entered the park you can join a boarding group.
- The sooner you enter the parks and join a boarding group the better. This means you’ll probably want to arrive at the parks and line up several hours before park opening if you want to be in an early boarding group.
- Boarding groups run 1-100+ with group 1 experiencing the attraction first. Groups beyond 100 are typically much later in the evening time. Joining a boarding group does not guarantee you will experience the attraction as delays can push wait times out. That’s why the earlier you join the better.
- Be sure you set your phone up to receive app notifications. When it’s time for your boarding group to experience Rise of the Resistance the app will let you know. You’ll then have 2 hours from that time to show up and get in line. If you show up later you chance is gone. Most guests check the app every 10-15 minutes for groups 30-60 and about every 30 seconds for groups 1-29.
- The line, once you’re in it, is going to be about a 25 minute wait before your experience starts. The queue is actually very entertaining and will keep you busy as you meander it.
- Guests must be 40″ or taller to ride Rise of the Resistance.
If you have questions about the process for virtual queuing you can always ask a Cast Member from the Guest Service Team. They are especially helpful if you don’t have the Disneyland app. Instructions should also be available in the app and with park maps.
I hope you have as much fun as I did with this new attraction. May the Force be with you!
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.