Is Disneyland Still Free On Your Birthday?
Park Savers Answers Your Deepest Disneyland Questions
Over the years we’ve been asked some crazy questions. Not bad questions. Some funny, some outlandish and some downright crazy. We’ve put together a list of these questions and more in case you’re feeling like you need answers too! Of course we’re always happy to answer your questions if you have any. Simply chat with us using our agent chat feature in the bottom right corner of your screen. An agent will be happy to answer anything related to your Disney vacation and the resorts.
Is Disneyland still free on your birthday?
This was one of the best offers Disney’s done! We still dream about it most days. I personally went to Walt Disney World over my birthday but already had a ticket. So I stopped by Guest Relations and they ended up giving me a Disney gift card in the value of a one day ticket! This promotion was only given during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration.
As of right now Disney does not give free admission on your birthday though they will help you celebrate it. Be sure to stop by Guest Relations and pick up a free birthday button. You’re sure to receive lots of birthday wishes from Cast Members and guests alike.
Does Fastpass cost money?
No. No. No. Fastpass is a free service no matter which resort you’re headed to. Disneyland and Walt Disney World both offer Fastpass services with valid tickets. This service is free even if you use a discounter like Get Away Today or Park Savers. If you ever come across someone selling Fastpass for money there’s a good chance it’s a scam.
Now keep in mind that Fastpass at Disneyland does have an enhancement to it called MaxPass and this service does cost $15 per person, per day. It can be added to your ticket at time of purchase or day of through the Disneyland app. Discounters like Get Away Today sell their tickets with the MaxPass option to make things simpler if you know you’re going to use the service on everyday of your visit.
MaxPass is an optional service and is not required to take advantage of Fastpass.
Where can I get the cheapest Disneyland tickets?
This sort of question is what Park Savers specializes in. We’ve been hunting and searching the internet for over 10 years looking for the best prices on Disneyland Resort tickets. We can honestly say a few things:
- There are no such thing as half-priced tickets. These are scams. $50 a day? Not anymore. You can read up on splitting tickets and how it used to save guests a lot of money but know that this is not an option. Don’t lose your hard-earned money to try and save a couple bucks. Avoid Craigslist or eBay when searching for tickets.
- Of all the discounters and wholesalers out there (there aren’t many) Get Away Today has the best prices on cheap Disneyland tickets. To further back this up they have a Best Price Guarantee on tickets and packages. They won’t be beat. Find a better price and they will match or beat it before or after your purchase. Other companies don’t offer this type of service.
You can read move about where to buy and where not to buy the cheapest Disneyland tickets in our 2019 Discount Disneyland tickets guide.
How can I go to Disneyland for cheap?
We all want to go to Disneyland for cheap! The nice thing about this question is that are are tons of ways to save and make your Disneyland vacation inexpensive. Here are a few pointers:
- If you’re needing flights take a look at discount airlines such at Southwest, JetBlue, Frontier, Allegiant and Spirit. They typically have very cheap fares. In order to truly take advantage of them though you need to pack lite and not care where you sit on the plane. These two things will keep the flight cheap for you.
- Book an off property hotel within walking distance of the parks. You don’t need to stay on property which can be significantly more expensive than staying off property. Take a look at some hotels that are offering free nights with your stay. There are several hotels that we recommend here including Desert Palms and Suites, Desert Inn, Anaheim Majestic Garden, Red Lion Hotel and more.
- Fly into Orange County Airport or Long Beach Airport if you can. These are the two closest airports to Disneyland and can make your transfer cheap. Try booking the Disneyland Express or taking an Uber or LYFT instead of renting a car. Parking can add up!
- Use Amazon Prime Now to order same day food at grocery store pricing. We swear by this! Have it delivered to your hotel the same day you order it.
- This brings up food and snacks. Once you have them you should pack and bring them into the parks with you. There are picnic areas and lockers where you can store your food. This can save you lots of money if you’re willing to put in a little effort.
- Water is free in Disneyland! We’re not just talking about drinking fountains either. Head to any quick service food location and ask for a cup of water. It’s yours and it’s free.
- Of course you should buy your tickets from Get Away Today for the cheapest price on tickets and packages.
Read all our tips and tricks on doing Disneyland cheap in our unofficial guide.
We wouldn’t call it hidden because you can see it from most places in New Orleans Square, but yes, there is a members only club called Club 33. The club’s entrance is right across from the perfume shop in New Orleans Square. It’s marked by a 33 symbol above the door in glass. Some of you might remember the Court of Angeles. This is where the club entrance is. The old entrance is to the right of the Blue Bayou Restaurant and is no longer in use.
Club 33 is a members only club and guests may only dine there if they have a reservations. In order to get a reservation you do need to know a member. Lunch costs around $100 per person and Dinner about $125 on the cheap end. They are full course meals.
The actual club is located in the top level of the New Orleans Square buildings, mainly above Cafe Orleans. You can see balconies with guests on them during the day and into the evening. It used to be the only place in Disneyland to purchase and consume alcohol but with the opening of Galaxy’s Edge it no longer is.
How do you become a member? Get on the waiting list and fork up some serious dough!
Does Disneyland have free WiFi?
Yes, yes they do. As a guest at the parks you’ll want to make sure you’re always connected to friends and family members who are with you as well as social media and the Disneyland app. Of course you don’t want to drain all your data as you do this. Disneyland started providing free WiFi in the parks over a year ago and we think it’s something you should definitely take advantage of.
To connect to the WiFi simply load up your WiFi settings and look for the network labelled “Disney-Guest”. Once connected you should stay connected or at least automatically connect when it’s available. A few things to consider:
- The network isn’t blazing fast so don’t get your hopes up on uploading massive videos or tons of photos to social media quickly. It’s really not made for that. A simple photo upload is fine. The main reason it’s provided is for the Disneyland app which we highly recommend using. It works great for this!
- The network can be patchy and not every location in the parks is covered. Most attractions won’t offer the network, especially ones that go inside or below ground. You’re on your own for those.
Does Disneyland do fireworks every night?
Unfortunately no, they don’t do fireworks every night. There’s only one show they do every night and that’s World of Color. Fantasmic! is done almost every night and the fireworks themselves are done typically 1-2 times during the week and on the weekends. If you’re dead set on catching the fireworks at Disneyland park we would suggest booking your visit to include a weekend. Peak seasons like Summer and the Holidays typically have more firework showings than January or February.
Other shows such as World of Color and Fantasmic! do require advanced tickets for the show. You can now get these through the Disneyland app if you’ve added MaxPass to your tickets. If you didn’t there are two locations to get your tickets. World of Color is located towards the back of Ariel’s Under the Sea Adventure attraction and Fantasmic! is by the Mark Twain Riverboat.
We hope you enjoyed this Q and A! We’re sure to have more in the future so be sure to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or our email newsletter for up to date information!
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.