Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind blasted into EPCOT on May 27, 2022. And like all new attractions at Disney you may be wondering how you can be one of the first people to experience it. As of lately Disney has been opening major attractions with a virtual queue system and, yes, you guessed it, Guardians is no different. Disney officially announced on May 17th that the attraction will have a virtual queue and no standby line for the first several months.
So dust off your phone and start readying your virtual queue skills with thumb and finger exercises. You’re going to need to be quick if you want to get in the Guardians virtual queue!
2 Ways To Experience Cosmic Rewind
The first option guests have to experience the new attractions is through Disney’s Virtual Queue System. We have all the details on how to join this free virtual queue and tips on how to ensure you get in. Virtual queue are joined through the official Disney World Mobile app.
The second way guests can experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is to purchase Individual Lightning Lane access. This can be done via the Disney World Mobile app as well and will vary in price depending on the day. We would guess that the first couple of months will have high demand and thus Disney will be charging more. Look for prices in the range of $15-$22 per person.
If you’re interested in planning your entire day around the virtual queue and Genie+ system be sure to see our Planning Posters which are easy to follow, step by step instructions on when to book and purchase Genie+ attractions and ILL’s. Our updated EPCOT one includes Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
How To Join The Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue
Beginning at 7 a.m. on the day of your park reservation, guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for EPCOT will be able to check for an available boarding group via the My Disney Experience app and request access to the virtual queue. This can be done before you leave your resort hotel or on the way to the park.
At 1 p.m., there will be another opportunity to join the virtual queue for anyone who wasn’t able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Keep in mind, guests must be inside EPCOT to access this second virtual queue opportunity.
In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to save the galaxy, each person can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours. Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
New to the virtual queue system and thanks to Disney World’s Extended Evening Hours, is a third chance to enter the virtual queue. Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on select dates during extended evening theme park hours. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.
Get A Guaranteed Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Boarding Group
Nothing is ever guaranteed with Disney of course but using the following techniques will drastically increase your chances of getting a boarding group.
- Download the official Disney World Mobile app to your smartphone.
- Sign-in to the app using your My Disney Experience account info.
- Check to make sure all your tickets for the party you’re responsible for are showing in the app and that everyone has a Park Pass Reservation.
- From the app home screen click on the ≡ icon and then find the box that says “Virtual Queues”. Tap on this box.
- Next tap on the “Join Virtual Queue” button. The next screen should display EPCOT as the theme park and will list any available virtual queues.
- Select Guardians of the Galaxy. The next screen will have instructions on it on how and when to join the virtual queue.
There are going to be two times each day (or three if you’re staying at a Walt Disney World Deluxe Resort) so if you don’t get in the first time you can always try again. The key to getting a boarding group is being prepared. Knowing the process above is super important, and so is the following:
- We’re not fans of joining virtual queues using Disney’s free Wi-Fi, at the hotel or in the parks. We recommend turning your Wi-Fi off and using cellular data instead.
- Set an alarm 5 minutes before each queue opens to remind you about joining.
- Sit down or go somewhere where you can concentrate. Only have one person in the group on the phone.
- Go through the process above and confirm your group. Once this is done you’ll play the waiting game.
- As soon as your clock turns 7 a.m. or 1 p.m. or 6 p.m. you’re going to want to tap the Refresh button at the bottom. Next a blue button will appear that says Join Virtual Queue. Tap this once and then you’re in! Basically just start tapping in the Refresh button area and don’t stop until you have your confirmation. The faster you are at this the more likely you are to get in.
- Now wait for the cheers because everyone around you was probably doing the same thing and will be super excited if they made it in.
Because we’re posting this pre-attraction opening, we’re going to be showing you a video that is for the virtual queue of World of Color at Disneyland but it’s the same steps.
Somethings to Keep in Mind
Disney’s virtual queue system is far from far but is really the fairest way to give guests the opportunity to experience new attractions. You may not get in the first or second time you try but don’t give up.
People around you won’t have the heads-up that you have on a lot of this stuff which does give you an advantage. We’ve had a lot of positive feedback on our previous virtual queue posts for other attractions with guests having great success.
Preparing beforehand can save a lot of heartache. We’ve seen guests in tears because they didn’t make the queue or forgot about. Set up those reminders and be ready. Guest Relations cannot get you access to an attraction running on a virtual queue.
If you don’t want to have to deal with the whole virtual queue thing, just purchase the ILL for Guardians and have the peace of mind that comes with it. Yes, it’s going to be expensive but you know you have a spot.