A newly released Disney recipe has us all excited! This is one of our favorite desserts at Walt Disney World Resort, a hidden gem we’ve always gotten during our visits to the Boardwalk.
For many, this dessert looks like something you’ve had before: Vanilla Wafer Pudding; and it’s really close, but does have its own unique taste and feel.
Either way, it’s delicious and a must-make in your home. Enjoy!
Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
Amaretti Cookies (Makes 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies)
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Dean has been writing and blogging for over 10 years. He specializes in Disney theme park news including updates, openings, special events and general advice for travelers. He doesn’t shy away from the good, the bad and the ugly. His previous work includes being a Cast Member at Disneyland and working as a travel agent.