A newly released Disney recipe has us all excited! This is one of our favorite desserts at Walt Disney World Resort, a hidden gem we’ve always gotten during our visits to the Boardwalk.
For many, this dessert looks like something you’ve had before: Vanilla Wafer Pudding; and it’s really close, but does have its own unique taste and feel.
Either way, it’s delicious and a must-make in your home. Enjoy!
Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
Amaretti Cookies (Makes 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies)
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.